Sullivan Sisters bring bluegrass to Evanston
Marin Ubersox, In-Depth Editor • February 22, 2024
Actors Gymnasium has served as a core part of Evanstons arts scene since it began 29 years ago.
Evanston's Actors Gymnasium: 29 years of risk-taking, mentorship
Nadira Bumi, Staff Writer • February 22, 2024
On the cutting edge
On the cutting edge
Long before she was cracking up crowds on improv’s premier stage at Second City, Claire McFadden spent her days in Evanston getting her first taste of improv and sketch comedy. (Photo courtesy of Claire McFadden)
Second City's resident 'wild card' puts jokes first
Sam Froum, Arts & Entertainment Editor • December 21, 2023

2023 homecoming dance features masquerade theme, special guest iAmDLOW

Lines of ETHS students spilled out of the door on Saturday, Sept. 30 for ETHS’ annual homecoming dance. This event, the culmination of Spirit Week, followed the Friday night football game where ETHS beat rival New Trier. 

The dance was held in the Fieldhouse, where students gathered to party and socialize. The room was lit up with red ambient lighting, and the decorations matched the theme of the event – ‘masquerade.’ At the far end of the Fieldhouse was a stage with a balloon arch, underneath was the DJ for the evening. 

For many, the main draw of the homecoming dance was an opportunity to socialize.

“The dance gave me a chance to hang out with friends,” said sophomore Chloe Von Hoff.

This year, ETHS tried to diversify what was on offer by providing food, drinks and games outside the Fieldhouse. There was also a quiet room for people who wanted to get away from all the noise. However, most students elected to remain in the main room, to listen to the DJ and the special guest of the night, rapper and dancer iAmDLOW. He is best known for his creation of the ‘DLOW Shuffle.’ For part of the dance, he joined the DJ on stage.

Overall, ETHS aimed to provide students with a chance to experience a high school dance, and many students appreciated that opportunity.

“Lots of students really enjoyed the dance. It was just a really fun time, having everyone there,” said freshman Amanda Aldort.