Travel Club gives students an opportunity to explore the world

Simone Williams, In-Depth Editor

Have you ever had the desire to visit the Taj Mahal in India, the Eiffel Tower in France, or even the Statue of Liberty right here in the U.S? Then join the Travel Club!

Sponsors Sunsahrae Brewer and Ganae McAlpin-Toney introduced this up and coming club just at the end of last school year. Their overall goal was to give students a chance to explore the world and get outside their comfort zone.

“I think sometimes students underestimate what they can do,” says Brewer. “I want young people to see that anything is possible.”

On Sept. 6 the Travel Club will have a brief introductory meeting in W103 right after school and they will continue every two weeks. During the meetings you will learn about different money saving techniques and safe places that you can travel to. Also, if you are someone who is well-traveled this is a great opportunity for you to share your knowledge and experiences.

Brewer says she wants to emphasize how unimportant your economic background is. If you are willing to put in the work, whether it is getting a small job or fundraising, all will fall into place as long as you do your part.

Since the club has started 20 students have already signed up. “I joined because it’s a great chance to travel and meet new

Members will have a chance to choose destinations inside the U.S. in order to get a feel for traveling. Eventually it will lead to the grand trip to Costa Rica. The trip will last from June 14-22.  It’s easy to believe that traveling is impossible for a student. Don’t let this once in a time opportunity slip away! Visit www.eftours.com/tour-website/1854805BU for more information.