Girls basketball advances to Super Sectionals

Hailey Fine, Assistant Sports Editor

As super-sectionals come up, girls basketball strives to keep up the high motivation and stay focused by establishing goals and working hard in practice.

“In practice we’ve been pushing each other really hard and the effort we’re giving now in practice is totally different from what we’ve given in the beginning of the season, it’s like a switch changed,” senior Tyler Mayne said.

The Kits have started to make a comeback after a few tough losses earlier in the season. That change in mindset is starting to show on the court as the girls start to work more cohesively together. Along with working hard on the court, the girls have been preparing for the mental aspect of the game.

“We’ve had meetings with each other because we all have the same goal and are on the same page,” Mayne said. “Right along with that, we’ve established roles on the team that everyone has and how their role will affect us as a unit and how that will help us win.”

Learning from past games, the kits are focused on maintaining the team dynamic on the court in order to keep possession for as long as possible. This means being there for the rebounds and constantly moving the ball. Seniors Kayla Henning and Ambrea Gentle play key roles in keeping ball possession with Gentle fighting for rebounds and Henning keeping the game at a fast pace.

Super-Sectionals will take place on March 2 at 7 p.m. at Conant High School.