Students exhibit their craft at Winter Dance Showcase

The ETHS Dance Company will take the stage on December 20th for their annual winter showcase.

Nathan Shankar, Online Executive Editor

‘Tis the season.

The ETHS Dance Company is getting ready for their 3rd annual Winter Dance Showcase. Featuring numbers in styles as varied as Bollywood, hip hop, and contemporary, as well as pieces by a trio of ETHS classes– Dance Performance, Adapted/Interactive Physical Education, and Global Dance– the show promises to be an exciting, dynamic experience for all who attend.

“All pieces are student centered and include dance choreography,” Jennifer Teonic, Director of the ETHS Dance Company, explains. “The showcase provides our dancers, at ETHS, an opportunity to feature their artistic voice and movement skills. It’s an informal dance concert that brings the ETHS community together.”

Tickets for the show, held in the ETHS Main Auditorium during periods 4,5, and 6 on December 20th, are priced at only twenty-five cents. Students who attend will also be helping the community with their purchase, as all ticket proceeds will support WINGS, a charity which provides emergency safe shelter and transitional housing for victims of domestic abuse.

“We chose WINGS for our outreach project because domestic abuse is something very serious that happens more often than it should and it needs to be stopped,” junior and EDC Leadership Board member Aliyah Lockett says.

“I am hoping many people will come and see the performance to support both the performers and WINGS,” says sophomore and fellow Leadership Board member Megan Bezaitis.

The ETHS Dance Company, a large, diverse troupe which performs competitively and non-competitively, seeks to “provide each dancer with a well-rounded, healthy performance and rehearsal experience.” Their main show, PULSE, is set for March 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the Main Auditorium, and will feature contemporary dancer Keesha Beckford and hip hop dancer Chris Cheung as guest artists. You can learn more about the company and their work by visiting https://ethsdancecompany.weebly.com/.