Courtesy of Maggie Farragher

Maggie Farragher

May 12, 2022

During her four years at ETHS, Maggie Farragher juggled two sports at once, playing both varsity basketball and lacrosse her senior year. In college though, Farragher will be zoning in on lacrosse as she is committed to the University of delaware.

As of now, Farragher’s major is undecided, but she is interested in pursuing a career in Business. 

Farragher fielded offers from a few colleges, but she is sure of her choice in Delaware. 

“After visiting for the first time, I was very attracted to the campus, as I loved the size and setup of the university. I was informed of the many opportunities at the school and wide varieties of courses that I could pursue, which helped me make my final decision when committing,” Farrager explains further. “I am confident that it will make me stronger and help me grow not only as an athlete, but also as a person. I can’t wait for all the amazing people I will meet and experiences that will come at the University of Delaware.”

Farragher will be sad to leave Evanston though, especially all the people that have guided her through these four years. 

“All the supporters, coaches, and teammates have made my experience with school and sports so special and memorable,” Farragher remarks.

When asked about what advice she has for younger players, Farragher really hopes, “Future Evanston girls lacrosse players enjoy their time playing in high school. I feel that a lot of people take high school sports for granted, but they are such special experiences and, oftentimes, are the last times you will play the sport. Try to always make the best of whatever sport you are playing and appreciate the people you are playing with and being coached by. You will create connections that you will keep forever and learn lessons that will help you later in life.”

In closing, Farragher says, “I just want to thank everyone at Evanston and the amazing sports programs that have allowed me to pursue my dream and introduced me to such amazing coaches and friends along the way. It has been such an amazing four years, and I am sad to leave.”