Prince Adams

May 11, 2023

At 6-foot-7, Wildkits Forward Prince Adams has always been a basketball kid, but he never thought it would take him this far. Now, as he finishes his senior year of High School, he is committed to play next year for Southwestern Michigan College, reuniting with former Evanston star, Rashawn Bost. His hard work and loyalty to Evanston and the basketball program throughout the years will be paying off, and Adams is excited.

“I started playing basketball as a young kid, but I didn’t take it very seriously until 8th grade,” said Adams, “I played FAAM, the youth league for 6th-8th graders, and that’s when I started to get more into the game.”

Adams has always been a big kid, therefore many people have had high hopes for his career in basketball, and he truly put in the work throughout the years to get to the point he’s at now. Up until this year, Adams hadn’t taken as big of a role at ETHS, but his senior breakout season helped secure him his position at SMC.

“Playing at ETHS under their program has really prepared me for college, as well as helping me learn the skills I need to play at the next level of basketball,” he said.

Adams averaged around 15 points and 11 rebounds per game this season, while also being a defensive prowess, averaging 3 blocks and 1.5 steals per game. This spectacular play earned him a spot on the first team CSL-South All-Conference.

Though he is confident now, Prince did not always believe that this would be his path.

“I never expected it to make it as far as college playing basketball,” said Adams. “I hope for it to take me past college, but I’m also looking into a degree, that’s enough for me.”

Although SMC isn’t too far from Illinois, it is a completely new environment; but Adams is looking forward to it.

“I’m excited to meet new people at SMC, as well as using the new facilities they have added this year,” he said.

It’s a big jump, but Adams is ready.

With Adams being an Evanston resident since he was young, there is definitely going to be a lot for him to miss.

“I’m definitely going to miss the friends I’ve met and had here since I was young,” shared Adams. “I’m also going to miss playing basketball at Fleetwood. I grew up spending a lot of time there and met a lot of my current friends there.”

Evanston will always hold a place in Adams’ heart, and we wish him the best of luck on his new journey and the continuation of his career.