Sadie Dowhan

Third Place: Whole Foods

January 27, 2023

Evanston is home to many popular grocery stores, but none of them compare to the unique experience you have at Whole Foods. Rows full of high-quality fruits and vegetables, fresh ingredients, and hot or cold bars of food available for takeout are just the beginning of what awaits you in Whole Foods. 

Out of all the Evanston grocery stores, residents agree that Whole Foods is one of the best. Whole Foods’ proximity to the Northwestern campus is beneficial since students can easily get groceries along with Evanston locals.

“The location of Whole Foods on Chicago and Church is convenient because there are parking options, it has large sidewalks with good pedestrian safety, and it is in the heart of downtown Evanston, [giving] it a sense of purpose,” says Senior Nasir Sims. 

Whole Foods is an exclusive store. Something that makes it so is Amazon’s ownership of the chain.

“Being able to make returns in seconds with no box is super helpful. It’s something that no other store has. We often utilized many grocery deliveries from Whole Foods, which were quick and easy,” says Sims, whose experience with grocery stores has been unique because of his vegan diet.

Whole Foods is my favorite grocery store in Evanston because of all of the availability of vegan options like Soul Vegan Lasagna, Salted Carmel Cluster Cashew Milk Ice Cream, [and the] Daiya Vegan Mac and Cheese,” he says.

The Evanston Whole Foods is a place where everyone can shop to have a positive experience. It provides a multi-faceted and low-stress environment, from walking through the aisles to killing time to enjoying food in the sitting area. With its bright and fresh ambiance, Whole Foods doesn’t disappoint.