Sadie Dowhan

Runner-Up: Lou Malnati’s Pizza

January 27, 2023

On Sherman Avenue lies Lou Malnati’s, a fan-favorite restaurant known for its spectacular pizza. Lou Malnati’s serves various types of pizza such as thin crust and deep dish, and they also have different food options which include wings, sandwiches, soups, and salads. The pizza they serve always has the perfect amount of cheese and fresh ingredients no matter what kind you order. Lou Malnati’s has a relaxed overall feel and great customer service too.

Senior Ainslie Stoolmaker and Freshman Gabe Black commented on why Lou Malnati’s is their favorite pizza place in Evanston.

Stoolmaker enjoys how Lou Malnati has reasonable prices for almost every one of their food items and states that Lou Malnati’s thin-crust pizza was the reason it became her favorite pizza place. Black agrees, “I love their pizza, whenever I want some pizza they are always available.” He also enjoys the service, saying, “The service is great!”

When asked what separated Lou Malnati’s from the other pizza places in Evanston, Stoolmaker said that it’s more of a sit-down restaurant compared to the other pizza restaurants in the area. She also appreciates how they have gluten-free options which most pizza places don’t serve. Gabe Black says that the restaurant gives him the most authentic feel and says, “It doesn’t seem like a normal chain that doesn’t have emotion behind it.”

When asked what their favorite dish is from Lou Malnati’s, Stoolmaker says the thin-crust pizza is due to how basic and simple it is. Black responded that his favorite type is Chicago style or thin-crust.

Keep an eye out for Lou Malnati’s the next time you want a delicious slice of fresh pizza!