Gordon Redfield-Gale

Gordon Redfield-Gale, Staff Writer

Hi there, my name is Gordon Redfield-Gale and I am one of the Sports Writers this year. I was a part of the staff at the end of last year, but I am super excited to be on The Evanstonian staff for a full year. When I’m not writing, I'm a Student Ambassador, a member of the marching and pep band, and I am an employee at Ten Mile House. I appreciate my time spent with The Evanstonian as I look to study journalism in college and pursue a career in writing.

By Gordon Redfield-Gale

Those not on the stat sheet deserve recognition

Gordon Redfield-Gale and Will Wambo April 3, 2020

An often forgotten member of every ETHS varsity squad is the team manager, who does far more than sit and watch on their respective team; they spend countless hours ensuring the team has everything they...

Boys basketball gears up for third consecutive state run

Gordon Redfield-Gale, Staff Writer February 28, 2020

The ETHS boys basketball team is back and ready to make another deep postseason run under a tried-and-tested recipe for success and the leadership of their tremendous group of juniors. The squad graduated...

A bright future for girls hockey

Gordon Redfield-Gale, Staff writer January 31, 2020

The promotion of coach Hannah Bergom and the fiery spirit of a young group has propelled the girls hockey team into a culture change that promises a bright future. Evanston has never been a powerhouse...

Strong group of upperclassman hope to lead boys swimming to another year of success

Gordon Redfield-Gale, Staff Writer December 13, 2019

The combination of a fiery team spirit and an experienced group of upperclassmen has the boys swim team ready to make a big splash in the tough CSL competition. Although last season’s squad experienced...

Strong group leads girls swimming to make a run in the playoffs

Gordon Redfield-Gale, Staff Writer November 8, 2019

Powered by tremendous team spirit, the girls swim team is looking to capitalize on an impressive season to produce a strong performance at sectionals and state. The team came into the year with lofty...

Football looks to shatter expectations ahead of conference play

Gordon Redfield-Gale, Staff Writer September 27, 2019

After hosting their first home playoff game in seven years, the football team is fresh off of a strong season. After they graduated starters such as Michael Axelrood, Malik Ross and Ben Tarpey, a down...

Risin into Fall: Girls Swimming and Diving

Gordon Redfield-Gale, Staff Writer August 21, 2019

The girls swim and dive team experienced tremendous success last year when they finished number 10 in the state, but that will not satisfy this exceptional squad. “I hope that we finish in a way that...

Fall sport season rundown

Boys XC By Gordon Redfield-Gale Staff Writer After losing top seniors to their respective college programs, it appeared as though the cross-country team would need time to rebuild. However,...

Spring sport season rundown

Badminton By Chris Werner Sports Editor 2019 was one of the most successful seasons in recent memory for the ETHS badminton team. Evanston beat New Trier in a dual match for the first time...

Winter sport season rundown

Boys Basketball By Chris Werner Sports Editor After a third place finish in 2018, the boys basketball team played in the final game of the IHSA basketball season in 2019. “Following [last...

Kerr sprints up the pitch.

One last ride

Michael Barthelemy and Gordon Redfield-Gale April 26, 2019

On March 21, 2016, three freshmen stepped under the bright lights of Lazier Field for the first time, facing Von Steuben High School in a non conference match. Despite a clear level of nervousness,...

$0
$2000