New classes introduced for 2016

Sam Calian, News Editor

Don’t freak out when you see classes on your schedule like P.E. Blender or The Chicano Movement, for these are just some of the new classes added for the 2016-17 school year.

The most anticipated new classes are: The Chicano Movement, a class that focuses on the culture and history of people of Mexican ancestry and the role they have had in the U.S., and The History of African Americans.

There is also a new math course for those of you who didn’t get enough algebra in Algebra 1 and Algebra 2. College-Level Algebra is now available for dual credit both at the high school and at Oakton Community College.

P.E. Blender is another new course. It is open to all juniors and seniors and is offered as both coed and girls only. This is a combination of multiple P.E. courses, including Fusion Fitness, Competitive Sports, Advanced Strength, Self-Defense, and Healthy Lifestyles.

ESL students also have the opportunity to sign up for the a new bilingual class in Physical Science.

Only a few elite voices are selected to be in the next new class, Advanced Vocal Ensemble. Only with a choir teacher recommendation or an audition is one able to enter this class. The students will learn challenging musical literature and perform both at public and school events.

ETHS hopes to provide interesting classes to a wide range of students and plans to add to the list each new school year.